Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Time = Art Projects

What do you do when everyone in a college town has left you for the summer?
Start an art projects so today I decided to start an art project for Alex's new place. 
Since he has a studio he has so much wall space that he doesn't know what to do with, so why not start something that will be of good used to him?
Ta-Da!! Here's what I came up with:
Here's the process and how I personalized from my inspiration. I changed the heart to the MSU "S" logo and decided to put green in it since I think Alex being a guy and all would appreciate/like it more:


 And let me just tell you hammer all those little nails is quite therapeutic too haha.

1. Start By Getting Supplies
  • 2x2 Wood Board
  • Acrylic Paint
  • String
  • Wire Nails 
  • Hammer 
  • Superglue
2. I hand drew the Michigan and then nailed each 
nail about a 1/4 of an inch apart
3. Start by tying the string around an inner nail and 
then putting a little bit of super glue on the knot for added safety
4. Wrap the string around the nails in any pattern you'd like 
5. Tie the next string to one of the outer nails (I choice a corner) &
 just start wrapping the string from inner to outer nails you will have to 
wrap the inner nails a lot more and move on to the next as you see fit. 


Here was my inspiration:
(Found at this Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/listing/117035696/large-string-art-for-all-states )


  I hope he loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment